Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hurray! Hurray!

After complaining all week about being hungry all the time and not seeing the needle on the scale budge, I had to triple-check my eyes this morning when the needle rested firmly on

180!!!

Not only is that progress, but I have had in the back of my mind that I'd really, really like to see the needle UNDER 180 - even if only by a hair's breadth - by my birthday, which is on Tuesday next week. Suddenly that seems like something I can achieve.

Additionally, I had decided that as an incentive to myself, when I hit 180, I'd treat myself to a haircut at a hairdresser's. I've been using the corner barbershop since 2008, and that's been fine, but it's growing out right now and I'd like an actual style.

And in yet more awesome news, Mom, Andy, and I went out to dinner last night at my new favorite restaurant, Viva Fresh Pasta in Northampton. All day yesterday as my stomach growled, I counted the hours until we would be going. I calculated the points in advance. And when we got there, it was even better than I remembered. I had salmon, broiled (I think?) with butter and salt, artichoke ravioli (sublime!) with just a little bit of Alfredo sauce (yum...) and when I was finished, I FELT FULL. I was SO happy. And then, my Mom, who was facing out into the rest of the restaurant, while I was facing her, noticed a dessert being delivered to another table, and ordered one for the three of us.

OH MY GOODNESS. A flourless chocolate tort with just a bit of whipped cream, with a semi-sweet outer shell and a fudge-like interior... it was exquisite. Even shared among the three of us, it was enough.

I'll save farm news for another post.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! Now, about the haircut, keep your hair long. Go to the Hairshop in Hadley and get it shaped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom! Planning to let it keep growing out, but it's pretty shapeless and awkward right now :) Hoping my Mom will give me a gift certificate to the hairdresser for my birthday on Tuesday!

      Delete
    2. That would be nice and are you going to have cake and candles?

      Delete
  2. I posted a comment and it didn't post. (*pouts*

    Way to go, Michelle! I'm so proud of you that you've hit this mini-goal! Enjoy the haircut and style!

    ReplyDelete