Monday, September 21, 2009

And now, the Cremes d'Argent

These gorgeous creatures are Creme d'Argent rabbits. They are the 12th rarest breed of rabbit in the US, according to the American Livestock Breed Conservancy. I have a trio of Cremes, all from Rick Kudlacik in New York near Albany.


Goldenrod is the buck. He's the youngest, 15 weeks old, and weighs 4 pounds, 13 ounces.

The does are littermates, and are 18 weeks old.


Honey is a bit smaller - 6 pounds 5 ounces -


than Amber, who is 6 pounds 7 ounces.

I will be breeding both does to Goldenrod in the spring. Aren't they pretty?

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the website, Michelle.
    rick k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have any Creme D'Argent rabbits? We are looking for some for a 4H project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not raising Cremes any more, but I know someone local who is, if you want to give me a contact email so I can put you in contact.

      Delete