Friday, January 4, 2013

Better weather, and hungry

Low sometime yesterday was 9.7*F. That's a huge improvement over anything below zero! My indoor-outdoor thermometer had to be replaced yesterday, though - the wire leading to the outdoor sensor broke in several places. It was at least 7 years old, though, so I don't begrudge it. I got a new one at Radio Shack for $17, and this one also reports indoor humidity. That's useful when heating with a wood stove, as it's easy for the air to get way too dry. I'd rather find out about it by looking at a gauge than by raising sparks off of the dogs or cats. I suspect they'd prefer that, too. I do always keep a kettle on the stove, though.

Day 4 on WW. Doing fine, points-wise, but dang! I am HUNGRY this morning. I had the 5-point cold breakfast around 8:30, and by 10:30 after chores I was starving. I had a clementine orange and an apple. Should hold me until lunch. I weigh in again on Monday... I'd like to see the south side of 180 by my birthday on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment